Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sushi

As I mentioned in the last post, we bought our own sushi gear as an anniversary gift. We tried it out tonight with great success! It was so yummy and fun (and less expensive) to make ourselves. We actually just used vegetables tonight-- no fish. I'm allergic to the good stuff (crab, lobster, shrimp etc.) so we kept it simple. I am a fan of tuna so maybe we'll have to try it next time. Tonight we used avocado, cucumber, carrot and green onions. We also made a few rolls with cream cheese added in and they were delicious!

I had never made sushi rice before. I used this recipe and it turned out great. Make sure if you try this recipe to use KOSHER salt. If you don't have kosher salt, modify the recipe to 1 tsp. regular table salt. Also, we highly recommend Unagi sauce for dipping if you can find it-- It tastes like teriyaki. I bought most of our stuff at Many Lands in Provo.

3 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Yum! I have all the sushi stuff, just still been too lazy (and a little scared to try it). But, I think I'll have to try it now! Good work, it looks awesome.

Beth said...

I'm glad it turned out so good. Love the little dishes and I'm glad they worked with the sushi and dipping sauce.

Anonymous said...

You're drinking milk with sushi? Gag me!
mom