Thursday, May 29, 2008
So I found these seeds, or "wheat berries" at Whole Foods a few weeks back. They were in the bulk foods section. I made a trip with some friends out here to IKEA and bought a cute little tin to grow them in. After throwing in some potting soil and a little bit of ribbon, the whole project cost less than $5. Here's how it turned out:
I didn't have a whole lot of hope since usually everything I try to grow dies, but my wheat grass is growing out of control! Hard to believe, but this picture was taken 8 days after "planting" the seeds. It's pretty much the lowest maintenence plant I've ever seen and it's instant gratification since it grows so dang fast. Too bad I'm not a fan of wheat grass juice-- but at least it looks cool! I learned how to do everything from this Web site. Try it out-- it's a whole lot cuter than fake ivy ;)
Friday, May 23, 2008
It is no secret that I love the Food Network. I particularly love the competitions involving cake decorating. If you are a Food Network Challenge fan, I bet you already know where I am going with this. Every time I watch one of these competitions I am in disbelief over one of the judge's choice in hair accessory:
It's like, "Really? You really think that padded, braided headband is a good choice for your national television appearance?" Yes this is shallow, but honestly?! And she wears it EVERY TIME! Has anyone else noticed this?
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I have to say it lived up to my high expectations. I kept thinking about the people like Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, George Washington and everyone else from that first continental congress who had been in that very room and made such important decisions regarding America's future. As dorky as it sounds, I was honestly moved being in the building.
This is a cool view of the tower Sean took while we were waiting for our tour to begin.
Friday, May 9, 2008
20 years ago I…
1) Was five years old and busy catching butterflies and grasshoppers
2) LOVED my kindergarten teacher and class
3) Wanted to grow up to be an ice-cream scooper at Baskin Robbins
10 years ago I…
1) Was 15 years old and received my driver’s license (Idaho is awesome that way)
2) Was taller than all of the boys my age
3) Had braces
5 years ago I…
1) Was 20 years old and anxiously waiting for Sean to come home from his mission
2) Attended BYU-Hawaii for a Spring semester with my friends Taryn and Beth
3) Decided to major in Public Relations
3 years ago I….
1) Had just celebrated my first anniversary2) Lived in Colorado Springs for our second year of summer sales
3) Lost 20 pounds and started running again
1 year ago I…
1) Moved into our new townhouse in Pleasant Grove! 2) Took a cake decorating class and learned I love it 3) Saw fireflies for the first time while living in Virginia
So far this year I have…
1) Started wearing my hair naturally wavy every once in awhile
2) Been on a zip line in a jungle in Belize
3) Started a new job that I love
1) Went to Whole Foods in search of wheat berries
2) Went to an awesome mall with to buy some goodies at Bath and Body Works
3) Took my friends’ dog Remy for a walk and saw baby geese!
1) Worked on posting news coverage to the company I work for's Web site
2) Will watch the Jazz game with Sean
3) Am going to try really hard to get my clean laundry folded and put away
1) Have the day off and will sleep in
2) Walk over to Valley Forge National Historical Park and see what it has to offer
In the next year I may…
1) Achieve my goal of being able to do the splits (It was my goal last year too...)
2) Finally get our guest bedroom decorated
3) Take a beginning watercolor class
Here's tag #2:
1) Fold laundry and put it away
2) Wrap up some of my work projects
3) Water my cute little herb garden I planted the other day
4) Write in my journal
5) Get some exercise
Snacks I enjoy
2) Wheat Thins
3) Trail mix
What would I do if I was suddenly a billionaire?
I would buy Sean and Porsche to fulfill his dream, buy myself a pimped out Range Rover Sport, pay for the rest of my parents’ home remodeling, buy a cabin in Island Park, donate a bunch to the National Ability Center and any other worthy cause I felt passionate about, invest like crazy, pay for my entire family to travel the world together and give really really good birthday and wedding gifts.
1) Never ironing ANYTHING
2) Leaving clean laundry sitting in the dryer
3) Always wanting to eat something sweet after dinner
1) Laie, HI
2) Chicago, IL 3) Charleston, SC
4) Virginia Beach area, VA 5) Philadelphia, PA
Five jobs I’ve had… (Here are my first five...)
1) Papergirl-- that's right, I started young!
2) Worked at a corn maze in the concession stand
3) Worked at Mrs. Powells (an awesome cinnamon roll bakery and cafe)
4) Sales Associate at Victoria’s Secret and Pac Sun
5) PR assistant at the National Ability Center in Park City, UT
Five things that (some) people don’t know about me
1) I was born without wisdom teeth
2) I am a history buff
3) One of my guilty pleasures is reading smut magazines like US Weekly
4) Dolphins freak me out
5) I am allergic to shellfish
I tag anyone who needs a blog topic! Choose whichever set of questions you like the best!