Friday, April 1, 2011

8 months and an update


Well we weren't sure we were going to make it to 8 months, but I am so glad we did!

My blood tests and 24-hr. protein test came back Monday and for the most part the results were good. My blood platelets and protein came back much improved and well within normal range. The doctor said he's never really seen such a turn around and joked I would be the big topic at their next conference. He's pretty sure preeclampsia is not an issue at this point. My liver function test did come back elevated, but this is common with people who have cholestasis. I went in again Thursday for another round of testing. Again, blood platelets were great, but liver function went up again. Blood pressure is still good.

So the plan as of today is to get retested again Monday. If my liver function goes up yet again, my doctor said he thinks it will be time to induce. If the level gets better or plateaus, we will continue the waiting game and retesting every few days up until 37 weeks. On Monday I will be 35 1/2 weeks along. Still early, but it sure sounds a lot better than 33 weeks did! And though I am trying to prepare myself for a possible delivery Monday, I keep reminding myself that the labs could totally reverse in our favor again. Obviously I am hoping to keep him in the oven as long as possible, but I am feeling confident this little guy is going to be born when the time is right, whenever that is. We'll still take any prayers anyone wants to send our way! :)

I did go in for an ultrasound Wednesday to see how the baby is measuring. When I got home from the hospital and weighed myself, I was pretty surprised to find out I had lost five pounds. The doctor measured my stomach and I measured fine, but he ordered an ultrasound just to be sure. The ultrasound went great and following in the footsteps of his big brother, the baby is actually measuring 2 weeks early. Not sure if my weight loss was due to stress, water retention, hospital food, or a combo, but I am using it as my excuse to eat whatever I want until I deliver!

Here is a cute face shot the ultrasound technician got:

Looks a lot like Jackson I think. Same nose and lips :) Pretty excited to meet this guy!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

you look WAY to small to be 8 months!! amazing! So I agree eat whatever you want- you need to go buy some donuts and chocolate milk to fatten that baby up! Glad things are going better for you. And the ultrasound pic is really cute! so excited to see him! Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here on out!

Beth said...

Oh what a cutie. I'm glad things are going okay. I hope that your test results are good enought to keep him in there a little longer. Oh ya, are you sure you are already eight months??? U look like you're about 5 months, at least compared to my prego pics!!!

Courtney said...

Oh cutie! I agree you do look small, and seriously eat like crazy live it up. lol Hope he gets to cook a little longer.

Rachel said...

I love the picture of him!!! He looks pretty handsome! and a lot like Jackson to me too!