Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Christmas 2015

Each year I think Christmas could not get any better, and then this year came around and it has become my favorite Christmas thus far!

Christmas Eve

We took the kids to Lowe's Extreme Airports with my sister's and brother Todd's families. Despite being the most crowded it has ever been when we've been there, the kids had a blast and got out some of their energy.

Dressed in their Christmas pjs and ready for bed!

White chocolate covered Oreos for Santa, carrots for reindeer, and a note from Jackson telling Santa to thank "Sweet Cheeks" (the elf) for writing to him at school :)

Jackson had a bit of trouble falling asleep from all of his excitement, but when he finally did, Santa came!


Christmas morning

We had some pretty excited boys who woke up around 7am and were ready to open gifts!





Bode's big gift he wanted this year was an RC monster truck. Jackson was SO excited he got the Xbox One and the game Forza Motorsports

Davis wasn't quite sure what exactly was going on, but he was in a great mood and loved all the excitement.

I was excited to give my family the denim quilt I have been working on for the past few months. I have always wanted to make one and have been saving old jeans forever, and I finally did it! It was a ton of work, but I am so happy with it. I envision it being used for many future sporting events and picnics.

One of my favorite gifts I received came from Sean. He gave me this onesie for our little girl. It is so soft and it means so much to me that he picked it out as a surprise. He got it in the size that should work for her to wear for the Fourth of July. I immediately thought of how cute she'll look wearing this with a red bow :)

The aftermath!

One of the things that made this Christmas so special was waking up to a foot of fresh new snow. It snowed all night long and was so beautiful. It felt so festive and it was a lot of fun since it is the most snow we've had in a really long time, and maybe ever since I've lived in Utah. We pulled the boys on the sled behind the car in the afternoon, and it was fun being holed up in our warm house with the fire going the rest of the day.


The sunset on Christmas was beautiful.

Our family likes to do a nice dinner on Christmas Day, and I look forward to this dinner all year long!

I am very proud of how the prime rib turned out this year. My best yet! It was SO good.

My other favorite: homemade white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry sauce. 

We really did have such an amazing day together as a family. It was so nice not having anywhere we had to be and just relaxing and enjoying Christmas. When we went to bed that night, I was emotional thinking about how lucky I am and what a great Christmas it had been.

The day after Christmas we headed up to Idaho to spend my mom's birthday with her. We went up to the cabin the following day and stayed a few days. On the way to Island Park we had  great view of the Tetons.

I really didn't take many pictures while at the cabin. It was a lot of relaxing, time in the hot tub (for the boys), a trip into West Yellowstone to go to the rock shop (the boys' favorite place), and more sledding.

Davis was really into pinball this trip.

Sledding behind grandpa's truck

And now, here we are. Home, Christmas all put away, and another birthday behind us (Jackson's 7th). It was the best Christmas we could ever hope for, and I am so grateful!

No comments: