Friday, July 12, 2019

AF Canyon Half

I wasn't sure I would be able to do my favorite race this year with my hip still giving me trouble, but I decided to train for it anyway and hope for the best. Thankfully my hip didn't seem any worse when I added in longer runs, so I decided to do it. The AF Canyon Half is by far my favorite race and I run it every year. It just feels like home-- probably because it sort of is. At the end of the course I can see our backyard in the distance! It's just a beautiful run that is for a good cause and it is always a good time. 
Group shot at the start!

And at the finish!

I had a great race overall. It wasn't a PR or anything, but I ran it in 1:46, which I was really proud of considering my very laid-back training. My favorite part of any race is always seeing my family at the finish line.


I even ran into an old friend from EFY a million years ago at the finish!

The kids had fun with the face paint and the photo ops :)

No comments: