Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Corona Arch

Not long after we got home from Mexico, Coronavirus really took off in the United States. Within a couple of weeks, school was closed, Sean was working from home, and we were home almost all of the time. It was quite an adjustment for all of us! Pretty early into the pandemic, our family decided to take a day trip south and head to Moab to go hiking and for a change of scenery. We stayed away from the national parks (which were still open at the time). We went on a hike just outside of Moab to Corona Arch. Quite the appropriate name for the circumstances! The weather at home was still cold and lousy, so it felt so nice to be somewhere warmer and sunny. We took Charlie with us and we had a great day together. The hike was awesome and so beautiful. I keep telling my kids I am so glad they enjoy hiking because it's one of my favorite things to do together. 













We had fun yelling and listening for our echos while under the arch. Such beautiful scenery!


After the hike we stopped by some petroglyphs on the side of the road we had passed earlier. It is amazing to me these have survived for so long.

Next we drove through Moab and headed to do a little off roading. The boys were excited to show me the trail "Fins 'n Things." They have come with Sean before and though my dad and brothers grew up coming here, I had never been on any of the off-roading trails. It was really fun and definitely a little nerve wracking in a few spots. The trail was nearly deserted (very unusual for that time of year) and the views were incredible! I haven't always appreciated the red rocks of southern Utah, but I absolutely love them now and think they are so beautiful. Utah is such an awesome place with so many diverse landscapes. 



At the end of the trail we let the kids play around and climb the rocks for a bit, which they loved and helped get some wiggles out before driving home.  







This day trip really boosted our morale. I love taking little adventures like this with our crew!

No comments: