Friday, February 5, 2021

Gingerbread houses

Our gingerbread house tradition continues! I tried a new recipe for the gingerbread this year that is the best yet! We tried something new by doing stained glass windows with crushed up Jolly Ranchers and it turned out so cool. Molly opted for all pink windows and the boys mixed their colors together. Everyone made their own this year and it continues to be one of their favorite traditions.






I decided to make a few mini houses this year and I think they might be my favorite way to do gingerbread houses! They are so small and easy and cute!


 With Charlie now in our family, we have to get creative on where to put the houses when they are done so he doesn't eat them. This year we put them on one of the bookshelves in our library and it worked out great! Sean put lights through the bottom of them and I loved how it looked.



No comments: