Thursday, June 19, 2008

Butch's wedding!

I realize I've been slacking on the posting, but for good reason! I was in Idaho Falls for my little brother's wedding. He and Megan tied the knot last Saturday! Here's a picture of the happy couple:


Megan looked amazing and the ceremony and reception were really nice. I always judge a reception by the food, and they had it covered! They had a chocolate fountain, bacon-wrapped steak kabobs, etc. I enjoyed the little vacation (funny thinking of a trip to Idaho Falls as a vacation!) and seeing many friends and family. I'm excited for Megan to be joining our family. She's a great girl and I think Thomas totally scored! Congrats to both of you!


I flew into Salt Lake last Wednesday and got to spend the day celebrating my niece's birthday and checking out my sister and her husband's sweet new pad. I spent the night at my house in good old Pleasant Grove and when I layed on the bed I about cried because it was so comfortable! Anyone who has done the whole sales thing knows the mattresses you suffer through during the summer leave a lot to be desired! It felt good to be home, even though it was only for a few hours.


My sister and I drove up to Idaho Falls the next day and went to a cute little bridal shower for Megan. We met her sister, mom and grandmother and they were all great! I also scored an awesome bracelet by winning one of the games. Megan's sister makes jewelry and even sells it online. When I get the site I'll be sure to post it because she seems to have mad skills.

The rest of the trip was so nice. It was fun being in Idaho Falls and seeing Sean's family (and playing the rabid rabbit game on the Wii with my nieces!). We love leaving for the summer to experience new places and people, but like the saying goes, there's no place like home.

1 comment:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

So cute! I love weddings and want to see more pictures :) I'm glad you got to go home, it sounds like a fun trip...and yes, I was waiting for a new post and an update on your life.. haha. I've memorized your New York pics :)