Monday, March 30, 2009

Blessed

Jackson was blessed yesterday! The blessing was beautiful-- Sean did a great job. I have it recorded and it is a good thing because when I listened to it today I had already forgotten a lot of it! The guys in the circle were laughing afterwards because I guess when Sean said his name, Jackson basically just sat straight up on his own. Apparently he was quite the wiggle worm during the blessing :) Having a baby to bless was surreal to me and I must admit I cried like a baby. We are just so happy to have Jackson in our lives.

We had lots of friends and family come celebrate with us and we are so grateful for their love and support. We are especially grateful for the family members who traveled to be with us. Yesterday was a blustery, stormy day and we are glad everyone got home safely. It was so fun having everyone together. We had lots of good food and even though there was some drama with someone using the clubhouse even though we had it reserved, we didn't let it ruin our day.

We are so happy to be your parents Jackson! We love you!

7 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

What a cute family picture! He is getting SO big!

Courtney said...

so neat, we blessed colby this past weekend too!

Rachelle Underwood said...

We blessed Cameron on the same day!!!! How cool that Courtney, you and I all blessed our boys on the same day.

Shawntel said...

I'm so happy for y'all! I know how surreal life feels sometimes...my oldest will be 4 years old Saturday and I still have those moments daily! You guys look great.

KarenWaite said...

I love that picture of you guys. He is so cute!

Mark and Lachelle said...

I love that he hears his name, and sits up like, "Hey, that's me!" He is such a handsome little fella!

Beth said...

Having your baby blessed is the best. It's deffinately a bonding experience for father and baby.