Monday, March 2, 2009

Roomie Reunion


I had a girls night out with my friends (and former roommates) Beth and Courtney Saturday night. Beth recently moved back to Utah and Courtney was visiting from Texas so we took advantage of all being in the same state for once! We all have babies now-- Whitney (belongs to Beth) is just over a year old, Colby (belongs to Courtney) was born just about a month before Jackson. It was so fun being back together again, and so surreal to have three car seats in the back of Beth's SUV.


We hadn't all been together for a really long time-- in fact the last time we were together was in Park City four years ago when Courtney and her husband Mark were on their first date! We laughed about old times, old boyfriends, and the funny things we used to do like dance on our coffee table to the song "I believe in a thing called love." Oh, and I was reminded about the former tennant who supposedly died in my room (which I found out about AFTER moving in). The only thing that would have made the night better is if Rachelle and Shawntel and their cute boys could have been there with us. And I always said Taryn was our honorary Enclave roommate so she would have been a very welcome addition also :)

4 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

So fun. Thanks for naming me the honorary roomie :) Looks like fun. If Shawntel and I were both there I could have stolen one of her children to make it even (everyone with 1) :)

Courtney said...

it was so fun seeing you. i only wish we could see each other more often. I can't believe it's been 4 years, crazy! Miss ya!!

Beth said...

I think it was great how we all haven't changed too much since we were last together. It was just like old times hanging out!

Shawntel said...

I have to say I'm so jealous that I wasn't there! You almost had me in tears Jenny! (I guess it doesn't help that I'm 8 months pregnant!) Anyways, thanks for sharing the picture; it looks like you guys had a great time.