Friday, August 7, 2009

Welcome to North Carolina and the beach!

We're in North Carolina! Sean came to sell for a few weeks and Jackson and I tagged along for a vacation. So far we love it here. Wilmington is a charming little city near the beach. It reminds me a lot of Charleston, SC, which is near and dear to my heart. We love the South!

We've been to the beach nearly every day. Jackson loves it and I am so glad. I let him play in the surf and he enjoys trying to eat sand and chewing on shells. The beaches here are so nice! They aren't overly crowded since it is a smaller city, but they are maintained really well. Very clean and a good family-friendly environment. The water is also warm which is a bonus.




eating a sea shell (and apparently really contemplating the taste!)...
ok, now ready for a smile...
five o'clock shadow!


working on his skim boarding skills...
My summer children: Blake, Hallie and Brinklie. I have watched these kids grow up right before my very eyes!


A good way to finish out a great summer :)

6 comments:

Murray Family said...

Wow, looks like fun! It's beautiful there!

JCLS said...

Fun! I wish I was on a beach somewhere.....unfortunately there are no beaches in Iowa. Jackson has the most adorable dimples, I love them!

April said...

My family used to rent a beach house just south of Wilmington (Surf City) every summer! I love it down there! I'm so jealous!

Kinley said...

Way too much fun! I just watched Nights of Rodanthe last night and I told Cory I wanted to go there! So I am jealous that you are down there! Well, I hope you have a great couple of weeks!

Shawntel said...

I can't believe you're so close!!! Wish we could see you guys, but looks like you're doing well! Miss you!

Cecily said...

Nice pics! Looks like so much fun!