Thursday, December 10, 2009

The stockings were hung...

I made Christmas stockings for our family this year. It is something I meant to do last year but just didn't get it done. I am so happy with how they turned out! A few months ago I got a Crate & Barrel catalog and I saw a reindeer stocking I loved. I decided to try and re-create it and hence we have Jackson's stocking:


They also had a cute little snowman design on a candle that I copied and put on Sean's stocking:

And finally, they are selling some really cute plates with a design similar to the one I put on my stocking:

I love Crate & Barrel! I used this free pattern to cut out the basic shape of the stockings.

Finally, I had to throw this picture in from when we set up our Christmas lights last week!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Now you've out done yourself!! I tried one year to make stockings, and lets just say this year I bought some. Yours are so awesome, I may have to hire you in the future! Did you get someone to do the names or did you do that yourself??

The pic of Jackson is so cute! His hair is getting so long and curly!

JCLS said...

Jenny! Those are adorable! I was going to make our stockings this year, but I think I am going to make them throughout the year so they will be ready for next Christmas!:) You should open an etsy store and sell all the amazing things you have made! I would buy!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Those look SO good! I thought you had bought them at Crate and Barrel when I saw the designs. (although I did not see those stockings there). I bought those bird plates...I am obsessed with them!!! You are amazing as always.

Rachelle Underwood said...

So CUTE! Seriously, I would pay you to make me some for my family!!!...and yes I'm being serious. How much does it cost, plus your time? You x-mas card was very beautiful, you look GREAT!

Skylette said...

Oh my goodness, he is getting SO big! Don't you just LOVE Christmas times with little ones?
Your stockings turned out amazingly well! Did you do the name stitching as well?

Bridget said...

Just got your Christmas card. Thank you. I love the Picture you all look great but you look particularly beautiful. You are so talented with your cooking and sewing. I wish I was. Lets make a trade you sew some stuff for me and I will take pics for you. HA Ha just a thought.

Emily said...

Hey Jenny!
Your boy is darling! He looks like your family.
So, I borrowed the cup cake pan from a friend, I don't know where she got it but I think you could check at any cooking store. Maybe even target? It's a pan with 2 seperate parts the top and then the bottom parts :)