Wednesday, February 10, 2010

27!

I had such a great birthday this year. Sean asked me what I wanted and I told him I wanted a shopping trip to one of my favorite stores-- H&M! We spent last weekend visiting with family in Vegas and I got my wish :) I found a cute new skirt and a few other things to add to my wardrobe (which is in dire need of an update). It was so much fun spending time with Sean's aunt Diane and cousin Rachel. Rachel gave Jackson some sweet new Vegas shirts, including one that looks like a little tux! Diane helped us out by babysitting so Sean and I could go see a show. We saw the Cirque Du Soleil show "KA" and loved it-- there were points in the show where Sean and I just looked at each other in amazement. Although it was tempting since luck seems to follow him, we did not take Jackson (aka "Jackpot") to the blackjack tables :)

We did take him to see the fountains at the Bellagio though and we all loved it.

Diane spoiled us all weekend and even made me an AWESOME cake. It was a chocolate cake with a cream cheese filling, then frosted and covered in coconut. It was SO good.
Yesterday was my actual birthday and I had an awesome day. I woke up to breakfast in bed and Sean did such a good job! Eggs, bacon and the sweetest grapefruit I've ever tasted. My sweet friend Heidi took me out to lunch and I loved all of the phone calls and messages I received throughout the day. My sister babysat for us so Sean and I could go out to dinner. We went to Biaggi's in Salt Lake and it was SO GOOD! We will be going back for sure. Finally, we ended the night with two kinds of cake at my sister's house with her family and my brother Todd and his family. (We missed you Thomas and Megan but are excited to see you this weekend!)

Cute Hayley who made my night by telling me happy birthday multiple times and helping pick out a way cute new watch for me:
These are two big boys! My arms were burning! The sweetest little boys you'll ever meet :)
I love how Brinley is looking so concered for Jackson. Cute kids!
Overall, one of the best birthdays yet!

9 comments:

Cecily said...

Sweet! We saw Ka a few years ago, and we absolutely LOVED it! If we had the chance to see it again, I don't think we'd miss it! I love the picture of the Chinese New Year inside the Bellagio. We went on our honeymoon to Vegas (our anniversary is in a few days), and that's exactly how it looked. Ah, the memories! I'm so glad you had a great birthday. It looks like your family had a blast in Vegas.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

yeah! I'm so glad you had a good birthday and glad you got some good cakes that you didn't have to make for yourself :) Looks like you had fun in Vegas!! I want to see pics of your new stuff... I'm jealous, LOVE H&M. They just barely put on in in Cincinnati (only an hour from us) so I'm going to have to go check it out soon! Happy birthday again! Talk to you soon.

Courtney said...

Sounds like a fantastic birthday! Glad you had so much fun and got your wish. :)

KarenWaite said...

Happy 27th, Jenny! It looks like you had a great birthday!

JCLS said...

Glad you had an awesome day! We are going to Vegas in two weeks and I can't wait! KA is amazing and I was the same way when I saw it, in amazement!

Kinley said...

Happy Birthday! I love H&M too! I am soo excited that you were able to get some goodies!

Heidi said...

I do still feel bad about the soup sitch at lunch.. Belle is such a spaz! Thanks for sharing your birthday with us! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday! You had quite the birthday! Luck you! I've always wanted to see Cirque De Sole (or however the heck you spell it!)

Shawna said...

a little late but happy birthday! and I just have to say that cute hayley looks just like you!!