Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gingerbread houses 2012

We made our annual gingerbread house last night. Actually, this year, we had two. I thought it would be fun for the boys to have their own that they could really go wild with :)

I tried to do everything I could in advance so all we had left to do was the fun part-- decorating. This year was so fun. Jackson was REALLY into it. When Bode would put a candy on the house he'd say, "I did it!" I think both boys were amazed at the amount of candy and that we were just letting them eat what they wanted.

The only part we helped them with was the icing-- and they showed us where they wanted it!



Jackson was pretty focused and kept adding more and more candy.




He was so proud of the finished product. 




And he was already eating candy off of it before bedtime :)

And here is our "grown-ups" house

I'm just happy it is still standing. Such a fun night and a tradition I love!

No comments: