Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Davis

Our newest addition has arrived! Davis Harrison Ricks was born one week ago today-- Wednesday, November 27 at 4:01 pm. He was 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 19.5" and exactly 38 weeks. We already love him like crazy.

Our plan of induction on December 4 changed after my last blood test showed my cholestasis had gotten quite a bit worse. Normal reference range for bile salts in a person's blood is 1-10 and mine jumped from an 11 to a 31. My doctor felt the risk of waiting to be induced was not worth it and Sean and I agreed.

I was admitted to the hospital around 10:30 am. My doctor showed up and broke my water around 1pm and Davis was born at 4:01pm. I went from a 5 to a 10 in less than 20 minutes and had the easiest delivery ever. 

Here are a few of my favorite pictures we took at the hospital:






Jackson was really excited to hold him...

But he got a bit overwhelmed and shy about it :)

My THREE boys!















We are so happy he is here safe and sound and it seems strange it has already been a week. We feel very fortunate to have three children and are grateful to have Davis in our family! 

1 comment:

Shawna said...

YAY!!! CONGRATS! He is adorable! And yay for the easiest delivery ever! I am loving all the pictures you took. And you look great! Enjoy your three boys! It's always going to be a party at your house!