Thursday, October 27, 2016

Mini fall break vacation

The older two boys had fall break last week, so we decided to take a mini vacation to Park City for just one night. It was a quick trip, but was a lot of fun and a nice change of scenery. I sometimes like over-nighters just because they are so much easier when it comes to packing for everyone!

The day we arrived was the final day the Alpine Slide was open, so we did that first.

Jackson, Bo, and I went up first. Riding the chairlift made us excited for skiing!

At the top and walking to the slide. Jackson had to do the grunt work while Bode seemed to enjoy dancing and "dabbing" as I am told it is called ;) These pictures crack me up. 



Jackson rode solo. I was proud of him because I think he was a bit nervous. I'm glad we had already gone down BEFORE we saw a guy flying down and flipping out of his sled!

Bo and I at the top!

Waiting for Sean and Davis to go down. Loving her cute little hat my friend knitted for her.


That night we tried a new restaurant in Park City called Sammy's that was on 'Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives' and it was really good! The rest of the night we spent swimming and watching 'Hocus Pocus.' 

One of the best parts of our little trip was the fact that every single one of us slept in until 9:30 the next morning. It was like a miracle. I don't know if it was the blackout curtains or what, but it was amazing! So glad we decided to go!

1 comment:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

These pictures are all so adorable! I want to live closer to you so I can know these awesome kids!!! PS-you look gorgeous too.