Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Jenny turns 37!

I'm still not really sure how I am 37 years old, but here I am! I had an awesome birthday this year. I haven't always loved having my birthday fall on a Sunday, but I think it might actually be my favorite now! I felt like I got to celebrate all weekend.

On Saturday, Jackson and I used his fifth grade ski pass and went and checked out Solitude. Unfortunately Little Cottonwood Canyon was closed, so Big Cottonwood was even crazier than normal and parking was a nightmare. We eventually made it though! We met our friends the Carrolls up there and they are very familiar with the mountain and showed us all around. We had an awesome day! We were super lucky and hit the back mountain right as it opened up mid-day (it had been closed for heavy snow and avalanche control) and we got in a couple of really amazing powder runs. I was really proud of Jackson when Diego took us through a couple of expert only gates and he didn't seem phased a bit. He's so much fun to ski with!

That night Sean and I went out to a nice dinner at a new restaurant we hadn't tried before called Hoof & Vine. It was really good and we both loved it. 

On Sunday (my actual birthday), I enjoyed going to church, spending time with my family, and eating cake! I was really excited about making my own cake this year, because I had been eyeing this creme brûlée cake recipe for awhile. It turned out so pretty and was SO yummy. While I am still having a hard time believing 40 isn't that far away, I know it is a privilege to be alive and have another birthday to celebrate! This one was a good one.

No comments: