Thursday, March 19, 2020

Valentine's Day 2020

We had a fairly low-key Valentine's Day this year, which is just how I like it. Last year I was really sick on Valentine's Day and I spent the entire day in bed. This year I was worried when I got sick again a few days before. Thankfully, I felt well enough I could still make a fancy dinner for the family and enjoy it!

The boys' Valentine's boxes for school this year.

Molly and her "valentine," Hayes. They each gave each other a stuffed animal. Apparently I didn't get any pictures of Davis!

Instead of going out and fighting the crowds, I like making a nicer dinner than normal at home for our family to eat together. This year I was especially proud of my homemade béarnaise sauce that was so yummy! Of course we finished it all off with our family's tradition of creme brûlée.



It has sort of become tradition for Sean and I to give all of the kids a coupon book with various coupons to stay up late, go to a movie, pick out a treat of their choice, etc. We also gave each of the boys a grab bag of basketball cards from their current favorite place, Mr E.'s, and got Molly a little Disney princess kit with a few lip glosses and nail polishes. Nothing big, but a little something to show them they are loved and we are happy they are our little Valentines. Grateful for our close knit family and the love we have for one another!

No comments: