Thursday, June 25, 2020

Dad turns 70

My dad hit the milestone of turning 70 in May! Our family had been planning to get everyone together for his birthday before the pandemic hit. Thankfully, things had settled a bit and we felt ok about still getting our family together to celebrate. Todd and his family came from Colorado and Thomas flew in from Texas. We had dinner in the Heinholds' backyard and it was so great to have everyone together!





I think my favorite part of the night was when we all sat together and went through the quiz my mom made about my dad!

Some pictures of my dad and his twin brother, Karl






I've learned a lot from my dad but here are a few of my favorites:
-Take time to stop and smell the May trees. It's one of the best smells ever.
-Montana and Idaho are "God's country" and Utah is full of "carrot snappers"
-If you go through a car wash and your car still isn't clean, get back in line and go through again
-Car shows and old cars are awesome--my dad can tell you the model and year of any classic car on the road
-Education and hard work are important
-Rules don't always apply to fireworks
-Reed's Dairy makes the best chocolate milk
-Pickled beets are nature's candy
-Tip the maid
-History and historical places are cool (especially if it involves the old west)
-Skiing is the best part of winter
-The road less travelled usually has the better view

Thomas stayed with us while he was here and it was really nice to have him around. We don't get to see him very often with him being in Texas the last few years!

No comments: