Friday, June 11, 2021

Jenny is 38!

Another year older and hopefully wiser, too! I had an awesome birthday this year. Despite a rocky morning where Charlie ate a bag of chocolates and ate Molly's class valentines, things thankfully went up from there! One highlight for me was going with Molly to get pedicures. It was the first time she has ever been and it was one of those things I always thought looked so fun to do if you had a little girl. She was a little shy while the lady was working on painting her nails, but she leaned over to me when she was finished and said, "I love it SO much!" We both got hearts painted on our toes for Valentine's Day. 




I had several friends and family wish me happy birthday in various forms: gifts, texts, phone calls, cards,  etc. It was overwhelming and made me feel so good. I am grateful to have so many good people who care about me. 

Sean and I went out to a nice dinner at a restaurant called "Communal" in downtown Provo. Everything was delicious!





I wanted to make my own birthday cake again this year. It's fun for me and I wanted to try out stripes this time. I made a chocolate peanut butter banana cake and it was so good! It was fun trying the stripes and though there is definite room for improvement, I thought it turned out pretty well!


The kids and Sean spoiled me with flowers and chocolate and cards and gifts. Sean got me a really nice new chef's knife and a few camera accessories. It was a great day and despite more wrinkles and even spotting a few gray hairs this year, I feel grateful for another year of life!

No comments: