Thursday, January 20, 2022

Yosemite day 2: Sentinel Dome, Taft Point, Glacier Point

Last time Sean and I were in Yosemite we didn't really do any hiking, so this time it was really high on our priority list. Sean found a few hikes we thought the kids could do and they both turned out to be so awesome. First, we hiked Sentinel Dome. The scenery at the top was pretty sensational-- especially of Half Dome. 

Sentinel Dome hike



























The view from the opposite side of the dome of the Yosemite Valley was also amazing.







After Sentinel Dome, we made our way back to the trail head and ate lunch in the car. We then decided to hike the opposite direction from where we started and head to Taft Point. We loved this hike also. The sheer cliff drop at the end was pretty impressive and scary and kept me on high alert with the kids!







Our last stop for the day was Glacier Point. We like to tell Jackson the story of how last time we were at this spot, he threw a tantrum as a toddler because I wouldn't let him have my Dr. Pepper. He threw such a fit I finally gave in and gave it to him, only to be mom-shamed by some older guy about how I was a terrible parent. We decided to recreate a picture we took on that trip, and I let him buy a Mtn. Dew from the gift shop!

Then:

Now:






We ended the day with swimming and take out!

No comments: