Thursday, April 21, 2022

Gingerbread houses

It wouldn't be Christmas without our gingerbread houses. I think I have finally got a system down to where this project doesn't seem so daunting anymore. I make the gingerbread pieces well in advance and have them glued together and ready so the night we decorate them isn't stressful, just fun! I finally found a recipe for gingerbread that is foolproof and doesn't require trimming after baking-- the edges stay nice and sharp. And I have my own pattern saved, so I'm not starting over each year. The kids really love this tradition and I do, too. 
 
Charlie was definitely tempted by all of the candy.

Bode walked by and put a hat on his head and he didn't budge!

It's fun seeing what the kids each come up with for their individual houses. I even made a simple piped one this year! They turned out great and I love our new spot for them all lit up on the bookcase in the library.



No comments: