Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Summer reading

It seems like I have a lot more time to read during the summer months. As summer approaches, I'm always anxious to discover new and interesting books to read. I just picked up this one the other day:

I was actually planning on reading the biography of George Washington first, but leafing through this book's pages, I realized a lot of it takes place in Philadelphia. I think it will be a neat experience to read about Philadelphia during colonial times while actually living there and being able to see some of the historical sights. Another interesting note is that HBO created a movie series based on this book and a lot of the movie was filmed in Colonial Williamsburg-- a place I visited often last summer and enjoyed very much. I'm planning to read the biography first and watch the series when I finish.

This is probably going to be some pretty heavy reading so I'm going to need to find some lighter and entertaining books to read this summer also. Here are some of the other books currently on my to read list:

1. The Book Thief
2. Breaking Dawn
3. My Sister’s Keeper
4. Three Cups of Tea
5. Escape

Has anyone read any good books lately I should add to my list?

3 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

I was going to tell you to read all the Stephenie Meyer books...but it looks like Breaking Dawn is already on your list! And can I just mention how stoked I am to read that?!! But I heard the book "Stargirl" is a good book. I haven't read it yet, but it's supposed to be good. Maybe you can read it first, and let me know how it is ;)

RobHeidi Family said...

What about Stephanie Meyer's book "The Host" coming out in a few days!
Also, send that John Adams book my way when you are done so we can chat about it while we are visiting the sites!

Beth said...

Breaking dawn is on my list too! Did you know the movie of Twilight is coming out in December!! You can see the Movir trailor from a link on my blog. I am so excited about it!