Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy campers

Last weekend we went camping with our friends the Pickups. We headed up American Fork Canyon and it was beautiful. I think we were all just happy to be outside since it actually stopped raining for the first time in like two weeks!

Our campsite was awesome. There was a stream about 10 feet behind our tent and there were wildflowers everywhere. I had not been "camping" since I went with my dad many years ago, so it was a fun little adventure. We had tinfoil dinners and s'mores with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in place of the Hershey bars (delicious!). I knew we were taking a big risk taking a 5 1/2 month-old, but Jackson did great. He actually went to bed a little earlier than usual and woke up around 4:30 a.m. All I had to do to get him to fall back asleep was hold his hand :) I think he slept better than I did because I couldn't stop worrying about stupid bears! Sean was nice and cozy in his new sleeping bag I bought for him for Father's Day. Testing it out at REI:

Simon and Jackson playing around-- Simon enjoyed finding big rocks and putting them in his mouth :)


We woke up to rain on Saturday morning so we ended up packing our stuff up a little early and taking a drive up to the trail head for Forest Lake. The road was pretty gnarly but needless to say, Sean loved it. We took a group shot Saturday morning on Brian's camera, so I'll post that pic. when I get it!

4 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Very cool that he cooperated so well! You're raising a little camper :) And that sleeping bag is sweet! I'm jealous. Well, I'm off to girls camp...wish me luck

Mark + Courtney + Colby said...

Camping with babies is fun! It's nice that he did so good. Sounds like you had a great campsite!

Bridget Raleigh said...

Looks like you are having a way fun summer. Jackson is so dang cute. I love those dimples!

Beth said...

That's great the jackson will still sleep next to you. When I try to sleep with Whitney she just wants to play.