Friday, June 5, 2009

Well, I know where I'll be Aug. 29

Running the Top of Utah half marathon-- emphasis on half. Yep, I've made up my mind. I think it is a good goal and I have more motivation in the gym knowing I am working towards something. I've always wanted to run a half and I figure now is as good a time as any. I've heard this one is scenic and (score!) downhill part of the way. I've been running a lot the last couple of months and am planning to start this 9-week training program soon (though I will have to shift the calendar back a day to avoid running on Sunday). If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice, send it my way. All I know is I'm going to need one sick playlist on my iPod to keep my booty movin' for 13 miles!

3 comments:

Cecily said...

That's AWESOME! I want to train for a marathon! I was going to start training right before I got pregnant, but I'm glad it has worked the way it has. Hopefully after my baby comes I can start training. Good luck Jenny! You'll do great.

Murray Family said...

NICE! You'll do great. I love your blog btw. I'm glad I found it :)

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

So proud! You're going to love it. Congrats and committing to it :) Sorry I forgot to send you my training schedule, but here is the link. http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm Like I said, I modified a bit but maybe it well help you combine with yours if you want. So excited for you!