Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Half

I ran the Provo Halloween Half Marathon this past weekend. I had been toying with the idea of running one for awhile, and I finally committed. Lucky for me, I had some friends from my neighborhood who also signed up and we all went together.

The course started at Aspen Grove, above Sundance and ended near Riverwoods. Even though the race didn't start 'til 9am, we had to be on the bus by 6am. It was FREEZING! We hung out in the tent checking out the costumes until it was time to start. 

Near the start

The course was really pretty and a lot of fun. The first few miles were a pretty steep decline, which was challenging. By the time we turned onto the freeway from the turnoff to Sundance, I was definitely ready for more level ground.

I felt good as I ran (especially after my hands thawed out at about mile 6!) For some reason there was no mile marker for 11, and I kept thinking mile 10 was taking forever. When I saw the 12 marker, and realized I had already run mile 11, it was pretty much the best surprise ever. Made that final mile go by faster :)

My official time was 1:54:29-- I beat my goal and I am really excited about it!

At the finish with my friend Trish

I was happy to have my family there :)

I set a goal after running my first half marathon a few years ago (after Jackson was born) that I would run one after each baby. So thank you, Bode, for giving me some motivation ;)
And thank you Sean for supporting me and making it possible for me to run these past few weeks without kids!

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Wow, that is so cool! You have given yourself a wonderful gift .. to run and not stop! Love it!!!