Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

My parents had a full house this Thanksgiving! All four of us siblings and our families were able to celebrate together this year. It was a really nice holiday and so much fun having everyone together. We also were able to spend time with Sean's sisters and families and a few of my uncles and aunts. I am grateful we could spend Thanksgiving with many (not all!) of the people we are most grateful for. 

The whole family

It is no secret my mom is a great cook. Her turkey was awesome this year, as well as all of the rest of the food. Her rolls are renowned and we needed two batches-- one for Thanksgiving dinner, and one for leftover turkey sandwiches :) My contribution was the sweet potatoes of holy goodness (thank you Erin for the recipe) and a few pies-- gf pumpkin and a coconut cream pie with a chocolate crust that Sean and I love. We also got to indulge in some very yummy pies at Erin's house. My niece Riley made the prettiest pecan pie I have ever seen!

We didn't venture out too much while we were home (no 1 a.m. Black Friday shoppers here), but we did make a quick trip to the mall and saw the movie "Arthur Christmas" friday afternoon. I thought the movie was cute and it was fun to go with the kids-- even if Jackson lost interest halfway through and started crying and yelling about needing to go to the bathroom :)

These guys had a great time together
These are all of the cousins on the Whittington side. Thomas and Megan will be adding a new little one in March!

I hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving.

We have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: