Thursday, December 29, 2011

A blanket for Bode

When Jackson was about the same age Bode is now, I made him a blanket. I was new to sewing and had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted to make something special for him. I made it extra large on purpose and am so glad I did. Jackson refers to that blanket as the "doggie blanket" and still uses it all the time. Flaws and all, he loves it.

I knew I wanted to make a blanket for Bode, too. I noticed how much he liked being wrapped up in Jackson's and I set out to find the right fabric. Finding the "right" fabric is by far the hardest part for me. It's almost like I have to envision him with it and make sure it fits. Sounds nerdy, I know. After much searching, I found Bode's blanket:

I could see him wrapped up in it and the fabric made me smile. 

As with Jackson's, I put his initial in one of the corners.

I hope it is something Bode will love and use for a long time. I loved making it for him.

Opening it up on Christmas morning!

1 comment:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I LOVE the fabric, and you did an awesome job on the blanket :) Your Christmas looked wonderful also! Glad you got to celebrate a couple of times. We miss you, glad you had a great Christmas. PS-Can't believe how big Bode is getting.