Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had such a great Christmas this year! We stayed home for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, and then headed up to Idaho Falls during the afternoon to spend time with both sides of the family. It worked out really well.

We've sort of blended a few traditions from both Sean and I's families, as well as added a few of our own. On Christmas Eve we went to Lowes Xtreme Airsports in Provo with my sister's family and my brother Todd's family. We have been several times and both Sean and Jackson LOVE it. We figured it would be a good way to wear the kids out. Even though we had a small mishap at the end when my brother-in-law took a pretty hard fall, we had a great time. Thankfully he is fine!

Sean doing some sweet tricks off of the trapeeze!









For dinner we had Chinese sundaes (or Hawaiian haystacks) in keeping with Sean's family's tradition. We also put luminarias up our walk in keeping with my family's tradition.

The boys opened up new matching Christmas pajamas to wear to bed.




We didn't forget to leave cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer!

Jackson came into our room Christmas morning a little after 7am and said, "Did Santa bring me a train?" He has been patiently waiting for this train for months and my heart about burst when he asked so sweetly.  Santa did remember the train and even had it set up and ready to go for him.

He was so excited to see it and immediately sat down and started playing with it. It was one of those moments where you are reminded that being a parent is the best thing in the world. 

Bode was pretty excited about the puffs and other snacks he found in his stocking


A whole box of tractors!

Rio!






A special present from mom

A blanket of his very own similar to his older brother's :)




…and back to the train!

After church we packed up and headed to Idaho Falls. It worked out well-- Bode got his nap and Jackson got to watch one of his new movies. We didn't have to haul everything and we got to spend time with family. Win-win!

We had a yummy Christmas dinner with my family and Bode got in on some Jello action :)

We opened presents with grandma and grandpa and then headed to nana and papa's for more family time and gift-giving.


Sad to see this season end, but thankful for our very merry Christmas!


2 comments:

The Harline Family said...

Hi Jenny! You have no idea who I am but my name is Kace and I came across your quiet book a few months ago on Pinterest. I loved your book! It had soooo many cute ideas. But tonight I got on and it is no longer available as a blog post. I was wondering if there was anyway I could see your pages and tips and everything again. It was my favorite one that I came across. Please let me know. Thanks!!!
kacey.harline@gmail.com

Jess said...

Hi Jenny-- I came across this comment and was wondering what your fesponse was. I too have come across your pages and LOVED them... I'd love to know more about how you created them. Thanks!! Jess