Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas 2014

Just like that, Christmas has come and gone! We had a great Christmas this year. We decided to just stay home and do our own thing, and it was so nice and relaxing after feeling sort of rushed the rest of the month.

We were treated to an amazing sunset on Christmas Eve as we were putting together our luminaries. It really was so beautiful with the sun glinting off of the snow on the mountains. 

All lit up!

After our drive to see the lights and reading Luke 2 and 'Twas the Night Before Christmas', it was time for bed!

We woke up Christmas morning with an awesome surprise-- SNOW!
We were so happy to have a white Christmas.

Santa came!


The boys were up about 7:45 am and were so excited to open presents. I didn't take many pictures... 



Sean gave me some very thoughtful gifts this year, including a few pieces of pottery by Nicholas Moss. We learned about him on our trip to Ireland earlier this year, and I love his stuff. 

I love this Christmasy one-- I think it looks perfect for syrup!

And I love the colors and pattern on this bigger pitcher and am going to display it in our kitchen. 

The aftermath:

Playing with their cool new racetrack from grandma and grandpa:


Plasma car races in the basement courtesy of nana and papa:

One of my very favorite parts of the day was when Davis fell asleep in my arms as we were relaxing on the couch and watching the other boys racing cars.  He was wrapped in his new blanket I made and worked very hard to have ready for Christmas. Everyone was happy, relaxed, and the house felt cozy with the fire going and the new snow outside. It was just one of those sweet moments where everything aligns and you are overcome with the realization of how blessed you are. 

We decided to get some fresh air and go sledding in the afternoon. There wasn't a ton of snow, but enough to get down the hill and have a good time!

After sledding we headed home and had a big Christmas dinner with just our little family. The prime rib turned out great (even if it smoked up my oven like crazy!).

I'm always a little sad to see Christmas go. It was a good one this year and I am grateful. Most importantly, I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

"God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son."
--The Living Christ

No comments: