Thursday, September 27, 2018

Labor Day weekend

The week after we went canoe camping, we headed up to Island Park with the Heinholds and my parents for Labor Day weekend. One of the first things we did was go visit my friend Andrea and her family up at her parents' cabin on Henry's Lake. They were nice enough to invite us boating and we had a great time! The kids got out on the tube and had fun swimming in the lake, even though the water was freezing!



Charlie got the chance to hang out with his mom and sister while we were on the boat. It was fun to see them together again. His mom was really excited to see him. His sister was pretty funny-- she was territorial about their mom and kept tackling Charlie and showing him who was boss. :)

Charlie on the left and his sister on the right.

Tuckered out after a fun day.

One of several dips in the hot tub


We went into Yellowstone the next day and it was the busiest I think I have ever seen it. I don't know if there was some Indian holiday going on or what, but there were people from India everywhere! I love that you see people from all over the world in Yellowstone. 

We hiked up to the Grand Prismatic Spring overlook and it was awesome. We hiked there last fall for the first time, but there was so much steam you couldn't see the spring as well as this time around. It was also a much warmer day, which was nice since we about froze last year. Yellowstone is such a fascinating place!






We did a little exploring on our way back to the cabin and came across this really pretty creek. 





Sean and I drove up to the top of Sawtelle that evening to check out the stars-- they were amazing! I am trying to learn how to take pictures of the night sky and tried a few shots before my camera ran out of battery. I still have a lot to learn, but it was fun. 



Never enough time at the cabin!

No comments: