Thursday, May 23, 2019

Cake!

I've become excited about cake baking/decorating again after a long hiatus. A long time ago I took some Wilton classes with a friend, and they were fun, but I found myself only making cakes for my kids birthdays and not especially loving it. And I've honestly never had great success with making homemade cakes. Mine usually turned out dense and I just honestly preferred the ones from a box! Anyway, my sister took a Cake by Courtney class (a local girl who started a cake DIY business) and I have started following her on social media and found myself wanting to try it. I was hosting my neighborhood bunco group in April, so I decided to go for it!

I made her dulce de leche cake (except I just frosted it with her regular chocolate buttercream) and OH MY WORD. It was SOOOOO good. I am so excited that it turned out! The cake itself was super easy to make and tasted so good. There weren't any finicky ingredients and it wasn't dense! It was fun/nerve wracking trying to get the super smooth sides. It wasn't perfect, but I thought it turned out pretty well. The cake was a huge hit at bunco and I am already looking for an opportunity to make it again. I got her acrylic frosting discs for Mother's Day and am signed up to take her cake class with my sister this summer. I am so excited!



No comments: