Thursday, May 16, 2019

Young King Arthur

Jackson decided to make his acting debut this year in the school's play, "Young King Arthur." I am so proud of him for branching out and doing something I know I would have had a really hard time with when I was his age! He auditioned by memorizing and reciting a scene out of one of his "Peanuts" books. When they asked him if he wanted to be a good guy or bad guy, he told them bad! I got a kick out of that. He was cast as "Morgan's minion #4," and we were excited when we got the script that he even had a few lines! 

The whole experience for him was great. The play at his school is seen as a cool thing to do, and I am glad it has lots of participation and support. They really do a great job for an elementary school play every single year. Jackson loved getting to go to play practice and hang out with his friends. 

When it came time for the performances, he had lots of support. Our whole family went one night,  and my parents and Dave, Max, and Adam came one night also.  Jackson did a great job and it was a lot of fun to see him doing something totally different. 



During the performance





One of my favorite parts of the play was the end when all the minions took a bow. Jackson looked so comfortable and like he was having so much fun!



Such a great experience and I am so grateful for all of the people who donate their time and talents to make opportunities like this possible!

No comments: