Tuesday, December 14, 2021

First day of school

Summer felt so short this year. I couldn't believe it was time for school to start again! I was grateful for a regular school schedule this year. Jackson made the big leap from elementary school to junior high. He was so excited and felt ready. I don't know if I'd say I was ready, but I was excited for him. I think I was most nervous about junior high carpool because I had heard so many horror stories about it. Luckily for us, the new road that cuts the driving time in half to the school was completed a few weeks before school started! Jackson tested for A.L.L. (advanced learning) classes and made it into all of them, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but he's doing great and for the most part, enjoying them so far. 

I made the kids take the obligatory first day of school pictures. Jackson was the first up, since he had a seventh grade day the day before the rest of school started.

Next up came Bode and Davis! Bode is in 5th grade and Davis is in 2nd. 



Picture with all three boys on the first "official" day of school.

Finally a week later it was Molly's turn! She was SO excited to start kindergarten. I was both happy and sad! Hard because she is our last, but also happy because I know she was ready and I was looking forward to a few hours of kid-free time each morning. I had to let go of my sense of security I've had in the past that there were still younger kids to follow. It's hard to see them grow up sometimes. I am trying my best to embrace these subtle shifts as they come. She looked darling for her first day and I obviously had to take a few pictures! She's more willing than the boys to let me take more.





As I write this, we are nearing halfway through the school year and so far things have been great. I am glad our kids have good schools to attend and teachers they enjoy. Jr. High is definitely a new territory but has been fairly smooth running so far!

No comments: