Sunday, December 19, 2021

Molly's first broken bone

Molly was playing in the hammock in our backyard with a friend and she fell out and landed on her back. I was outside when it happened and she cried pretty hard when she fell, but it didn't seem too bad so I figured she'd be ok. She shrugged it off after a few minutes and said she was fine. I assumed she was until I went to hug her that night before bed and she started crying when I squeezed her. The next day I took her in for an X-ray, and sure enough, she had broken her collar bone. I was pretty surprised, but relieved when I found out she just needed to wear a sling for a few weeks. I am amazed at how fast it healed! She was sad to miss soccer for a few weeks, but it didn't seem to slow her down much. She was able to play in the last couple of games and was all healed up by summer!

 

No comments: