Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I feel like chicken tonight!


My mom bought me a cute little cookbook last time I was home. I tried out this recipe and both Sean and I LOVED it. In fact, Sean asked me to make it for him the very next day. I didn't, but already know it is going to be one of those family recipes that lasts forever. Since it is just the two of us, I halved the recipe. Try it out sometime and tell me what you think.

Lemon Chicken Italiano:

6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. flour
7 TBS. butter, divided
1 TBS. olive oil
2 c. marinara sauce of your choice
4 TBS. chopped onion
2 TBS. fresh lemon juice
2 TBS. chopped fresh (important!) parsley

Pound chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap until flattened. Put flour and chicken in a plastic bag and shake to coat chicken. Melt 3 TBS. of the butter and the 1 TBS. oil in a large skillet. Place chicken in skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 mins. per side. When cooked through, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place marinara sauce in the bottom of an oven-proof serving dish; top with chicken. Place chicken in a 250-degree oven to keep warm while preparing the lemon sauce.

To make lemon sauce, melt remaining 4 TBS. butter in the same skillet, scraping up brown bits from the pan. Add onion and saute until tender. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and parsley. Pour hot sauce over chicken and serve.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love new recipes!!! Thanks this one does sound oh so good. We will try it and let you know. Oh and Isaac says "Hi Jenny" you are totally his fav!!! Sorry Sean you are not the Master!

Beth said...

It sounds good, I'll have to try it sometime.