Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July in Idaho Falls

Sean and I have really been looking forward to the Fourth of July this year. He's worked on the Fourth the past five years, so we were excited to be able to spend the day together. Looking back, we both think this is our favorite Fourth of July ever. We did all of the traditional stuff-- parade, bbq, fireworks etc. I've always loved the parade and it was even more fun this year having Jackson and my niece and nephews there.

My dad has a 1915 Model T. and Jackson LOVED it. He was so excited during his first ride he couldn't stop grinning. I realize there are no seatbelts and the car seat is not compatible, but I don't even care. Don't turn me into child services-- I'm trying to create memories here people!

The famed Idaho Falls fireworks did not disappoint (nor did the kettle corn I scarfed down). We scored good parking and it only took us 15 minutes to get to the freeway after the show. I wasn't sure what Jackson would think of the fireworks. He was so funny-- just layed with Sean, looking up with his mouth hanging open in awe :) He stayed awake for the first 20 minutes of the show and fell asleep before the grand finale.


We finished the weekend off at my parents' cabin in Island Park. The weather was beautiful and the wildflowers were out in full force.

My dad and niece were on a four-wheeler ride and they found a lost puppy in the middle of nowhere. They figured he probably ran off scared during the fireworks from the night before. We honestly thought the puppy might have been a wolf because his coloring was so unique--my niece named him "Wolfy." Well, after my brother-in-law did a little googling, we determined it was a blue heeler puppy. Miraculously my dad found the owners and the puppy is home safe. Courtney, I was totally going to ship this little guy to you if we couldn't find the owner-- I knew you wouldn't turn him down :)
We hope everyone had a great Fourth of July!

4 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

I just got done posting about our 4th of July in Idaho Falls! There really is no better way to go, than the good ol IF fireworks!! Glad you guys had fun too!!

Cecily said...

The 4th of July is one of my most favorite holidays! I love your pics and I'm glad you had fun creating memories. What an awesome car your dad has!

Courtney said...

You're right jenny I wouldn't turn him down! so cute!! Looks like your 4th was fun, it was way to hot here for us to want to be outside.

As for the camera, I have a Nikon d40. I love it, but they are expensive. Another good one is the Cannon Rebel. My sister in law has that one. If I were to do it over again I think i would buy the Cannon just cuz when you want to get different lenses it's cheaper to find cannon ones than nikon ones i think. If you decided to get one let me know I can help you get started.
I've also heard and seen good pics from the Sony DSC-H20. It's a smaller point and shoot, so it's a little easier to figure out.

Sam and Kristol said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a little bit. Wow! You guys have had a lot of fun this summer. I love the pics. Jackson is so smiley!