Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We had a great Thanksgiving in Idaho Falls! We went to my parents' house this year and my mom cooked an awesome dinner complete with her famous "Joan's rolls." My sister and her family and my brother Thomas and his wife were there and it was fun having everyone together.

Here's Dave carving the turkey, for which we are all grateful since it has proven a source of contention in past years for someone who shall remain nameless... hahahaha
Butch (aka Thomas) and Sean
Jackson's new favorite toy at grandma and grandpa's house
Eating a "Joan's roll." Notice my plate is completely clean-- I'm actually using the roll to wipe up the plate!
Jackson was able to enjoy the feast in the high chair (with a large sheet underneath so he would not destroy the carpet). I knew he'd love Thanksgiving because eating is pretty much his favorite thing. Love this kid! And loved that he ate everything I gave him!
Check out those chompers!
I volunteered to make one of the pies. I had been wanting to try out a coconut cream pie with a chocolate crust from my Everyday Food magazine. It was a hit! I loved it and think I will make it again for Christmas. If anyone would like the recipe, let me know.

We got in some Black Friday shopping (beginning at 11am because we are not crazy) and we also went and saw the new "A Christmas Carol" in 3D. We both loved the movie and it was nice to have a night out. Sean also went fly fishing most of Saturday and we just spent a lot of time hanging out with both my family and his during the week. Jackson and I ended up getting colds at the end of the vacation, but nothing too dramatic. I'm just happy it was after Thanksgiving so I could eat to my heart's desire!

A few things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
-My cute little family. Sean is my best friend and Jackson is the light of my life. They are the best part of every day for me.
-My parents, brothers and sister, and in-laws. Also, the opportunity to see many of them fairly often.
-Good friends who buoy me up.
-My church.
-A roof over our heads and a comfortable home.
-Food on our table-- especially during a time when many people are struggling.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and have much to be grateful for this year!

3 comments:

United Studies said...

Hi Jenny! Thanks for visiting my blog....to answer your question...I use the Herb Ox brand of chicken and beef bullion because it is the only one I can find that is both MSG and Gluten-Free.

Bridget said...

Hey lets really do get together sometime before Christmas. Maybe we could even have a little girls night. I am thinking dinner and shopping no kids maybe. That would be fun. I will text you and we can plan something. Looks like you had fun at Thanksgiving. You are quite the cook. That is awesome!

KarenWaite said...

I miss your mom's rolls! Looks like you guys had a great time - we should have gotten together, we were in IF, too!