Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A new discovery

Are you catching the trend?

Yes, Bode found his thumb and seems to be quite smitten by it. I half-heartedly tried to discourage it at first because I was worried he'd end up like me (in braces for sucking my thumb waaaaaayyyy too long). I've learned there's no point in trying to stop it though, and besides, I secretly kind of like it. I guess only time will tell if this is just a phase or if he's hooked.

Posting these last two because they make me happy:

6 comments:

Kinley said...

Oh Kate has that thumb fettish as well... it really is so cute, but I am beginning to wonder if I am going to have to just cut it off to end the wretched habit. Love his grin!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Oh I love him! That is really too cute :) He can come see Uncle Grant when he has buck teeth in 12 years :) haha.

Our Family said...

Madelynn sucked her thumb- it was nice since it appeased her, but it does get tricky to break the habit. She is 5 now and sometimes, if given the right blanket, falls back into the habit.
He is super cute! Hope you are feeling better!

Beth said...

Oh my! He's got the biggest smile I've every seen on a baby still so young!

Gina said...

At least the thumb can't get lost in the crib like the binky! I love his HUGE grin. We'd love to have you guys visit!

lramey said...

oh the sweetness that is Bode! are you back yet? let's play this week!