Monday, October 29, 2012

Provo Halloween Half 2012

Well, I survived!

I ran the Provo Halloween Half marathon with my sister and a few friends last Saturday. My sister and I have wanted to run one together for a long time, and we finally did it!

Hanging out in the tent before the start


I ran the same race last year, but it was a little different this year. Instead of starting at Aspen Grove, we started at Sundance. We lost a few miles of steep downhill and gained about a mile of uphill and a mile of a gentler decline. That mile of uphill in the middle was tough! The course is beautiful though, even if it is freezing at the beginning!

I was nervous about the race this time around because I have a muscle in my leg that has been giving me grief. I skipped quite a few runs in training to rest it. Luckily, it didn't bother me at all during the race. The race was hard, but I ran the whole thing and ended with a time of 1hr 57mins. It was a few minutes behind my time last year, but I am really happy with it considering the changes to the course and less training.

Victory!

My good friend, Kristol, and also running partner on multiple long runs!

My cheering squad-- a sight for sore eyes and muscles! :)

I have been hobbling around the past two days. I am so sore! It really was a lot of fun though and I am glad we did it!

No comments: