Sunday, March 3, 2019

Jackson's 10th birthday

This awesome kid entered double digits and turned 10! He had a great birthday this year. When we got home from the Meines' cabin, we drove up to Salt Lake and ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (his choice). We had a bit of a wait, so while Sean and the other kids parked the car, Jackson and I walked around the stores for a few minutes. As we passed a sports store, Jackson saw a city edition Donovan Mitchell jersey he had been wanting for a  really long time. He didn't know this, but Sean and I have been putting him off on getting one because Sean was able to get a signed Donovan city jersey through work and we were just waiting til his birthday to give it to him! Anyway, I think he was surprised when I said, "Sure! Let's go see if they have your size." We went in, and sure enough they did. I bought it for him and figured he could have one to wear and one to frame and put on his wall. 

Dinner was great and we headed home for cake and presents. He opened the signed jersey and was SO excited. It was really fun giving it to him because we knew how much he would like it. 


This toffee loving boy requested "better than what" cake (chocolate cake with caramel, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, and toffee bits)


Jackson is such a great kid. I think all of the time about how I feel like even as his parent, I learn so much from his example. I'll forever be grateful for this boy. 

A few notes on Jackson: 
-He is still a HUGE reader and it isn't uncommon for him to read a decent-sized chapter book in a day. He re-reads books all the time. He also scored the highest score in his entire school (not just grade) on a reading program at school.
-He still loves basketball and skiing and is excited about baseball starting up soon. 
-Growing like a weed. Currently up to the top of mom's shoulder and wears the same size shoe.
-Favorite dinner I make is probably my mom's cream enchiladas, which is ironic, because he usually isn't a big fan of chicken.
-Still loves legos and hanging out with his friends.


Here is his 10-year birthday questionnaire:


No comments: