Friday, March 8, 2019

Targhee trip 2019

Last year we took a trip to Idaho with our friends, the Grays, to go ski at Targhee and then head up to the cabin. We had so much fun, we decided to repeat the trip this year! 

Targhee had been getting a ton of snow all week, which was great, but so much that they kept closing the highway to get there. We were a bit nervous when the road was closed the night before, but thankfully the road was open that morning! 

I am happy to say it was one of the very best skiing days of my entire life. The snow was INCREDIBLE. Deep and soft and fluffy and we just floated on top of the snow. My friend Krista was nice enough to let me borrow her powder skis and it was amazing. Such a long time since I have skied on powder like that, and it was so fun to see Jackson and Bode get to experience it as well. It is such a different experience from skiing on groomers and I think they caught the powder bug that day.  We were all screaming and singing our first few runs because it was just so awesome! The boys were rock stars and skied all over the mountain. Our first run was a black diamond, but the snow was so deep and soft I don't think they even noticed and they loved it! Krista and Sean took some video while we were skiing, and you can see how awesome the snow was!














It's always fun skiing with friends!



Feeling happy after a full day of skiing. I love the snow tips on his hair. :)

After skiing, we headed up to the cabin and met my parents and Davis and Molly. We had a great time just hanging out, sledding, sitting in the hot tub, playing games, etc. The kids had fun building snow tunnels and forts. There is SO much snow up there this year. 

















I'm already looking forward to repeating this trip next year!

No comments: