Sunday, November 3, 2019

Pinewood derby

Our ward did a traditional pinewood derby for the first time since our family moved in. I am so glad we did and that my boys got to have that experience before the church decided to discontinue its affiliation with the scouting program. 

Jackson and Bode each made a car. Both of them designed their cars and helped in the whole process. They both had totally different designs, but ended up being almost identical in performance. It was a good experience for them to get to work with Sean and I think they had a lot of fun. 

When it came to the actual races, they races each other a few times. Bode won some, and Jackson won some. I couldn't believe how close they ended up. There were 25ish cars in the derby and Bode and Jackson ended up in 4th and 5th place, so not too bad! It was a really fun night and I am proud of their hard work. 

Jackson's car:

Bode's car:

No comments: