Thursday, January 5, 2017

Christmas Day 2016

We had a really great Christmas this year with our little family. The kids make holidays so much fun and they really make Christmas magic. We always spend the majority of Christmas Eve with my sister's family, and then do our own this Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I love the uninterrupted family time. 

We always let the kids open one present on Christmas Eve. This year the boys opened up Hess trucks from Nana and Papa and Molly opened up a Care Bear from mom and dad :)

Tracking Santa online

Santa came!

Christmas morning


This gift was so meaningful to me. Bode went to the mall with Sean and picked out a gold bracelet for me. He wrapped the present all by himself. It was the cutest thing ever (down to his hand written tag) and made me feel very loved.

I honestly didn't take a ton of pictures on Christmas. I guess I sort of just got lost in experiencing it all, but I did take a few pics of the kids at the end of the night for memory's sake.





They all seemed pretty thrilled about their gifts this year. The boys really loved the Nerf laser tag guns my parents gave them and played with them all day. I received many nice and thoughtful things this year, and I was excited to surprise Sean with a Nintendo Classic. I was proud of myself for getting one by waiting in line at Best Buy the morning they came out!

I enjoyed having Christmas on a Sunday this year (especially because our church was at 11). I loved listening to the music and how it effortlessly brought Christ into focus.

Molly in her Christmas dress



After church we took a ride up the canyon to see the freshly fallen snow. We were lucky and had a snowstorm overnight and woke up to a white Christmas.

I look forward to Christmas dinner all year long. This year's turned out so delicious and was so pretty I had to take a picture!

We truly had such a great day. We have much to be thankful for, especially for Him who we celebrate. 

No comments: