Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas happenings

December came and went like the whirlwind it is. I thought I'd highlight some of the fun we had this year.


Bode and Davis helping me make toffee. It was my first attempt and I didn't cook it to the right temperature, but it still tasted pretty good (even if it turned soft in your mouth and could probably rip out any fillings you might have in your teeth!)

A stay at Little America









Breakfast in the coffee shop-- our favorite!

Giant gingerbread house and windows at the Grand


Making our own gingerbread houses





Lights at temple square



Molly's new stocking

It is so humbling seeing six stockings hanging from the mantle this year. Hanging the stockings up is always an act of deep significance for me. I am so grateful for my husband and four beautiful children.

Christmas sing at school


Santa!

I love Davis giving Santa the side eye in this one!


Letters to Santa 

Lowe's airports on Christmas Eve with the Heinhold cousins




My favorite Christmas painting. "Little Lamb" by Jenedy Paige. She is a local artist and I first saw it last year. I was so excited when I got a copy from a friend at our annual favorite things party.

It was a busy month for sure, but we did get to do a lot of fun things. I really felt the Christmas spirit this year. Our church's Light the World initiative was amazing and really helped me put more focus on Christ and striving to follow His example. 

No comments: